did you know?
- The IMAX screen is more than 20m high (nearly the height of five double-decker buses) and 26m wide
- The BFI IMAX Waterloo was the highest grossing IMAX cinema in the world for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Over 350,000 guests visit the cinema a year, consuming over 30,000kg of popcorn, 7,000 litres of fizzy drinks and over 10,000 portions of nachos and hot dogs
- The BFI IMAX Waterloo is famous for their all-nighter events- for the true hard-core fans!
- The new IMAX screen was made in Canada and once unpacked it took a team of ten strong riggers to haul the 800kg of perforated vinyl up the full 20 metres height of the screen under the supervision of an IMAX engineer.It took 48 hours for all the creases to drop out of the new white screen.
1 Charlie Chaplin Walk,
We Think You'll like
Beautifully-styled 180-seat restaurant and bar.
Leake Street Arches
A celebration of urban art, dining and entertainment live from Waterloo.
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
Creating an inspirational neighbourhood
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
The neighbourhood centre contains:
- An 84-place day nursery providing childcare from 3 months to 5 years
- Out of school provision and youth clubs
- Parent and family support programmes including practical workshops
- Evening and weekend activities
- Conference, meeting and training spaces of the highest quality available for business and community hire
- Creche for parents/carers using the centre
- Access to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital midwifery and other specialist teams
- Access to training and employment opportunities
- Access to business and social enterprise support
- Offices for Coin Street staff
- Helpdesk operating throughout the opening hours of the centre.
Witness for the Prosecution
It's classic Agatha Christie. We'll see you in court!
A free gallery space and a host of exciting events and talks all year round.
Take a stroll along South Bank's leafy riverside.
Take a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Thames as it winds through the capital. Soak up the South Bank atmosphere, London's home of art, culture and unique architecture. Cross the bridges for circular walks with spectacular views.
The Riverside Walkway attracts visitors from all over the world and is also a valuable resource enjoyed by all who live or work in the area. It is also used as a venue for unusual and unique events - keep your eyes peeled for exciting pop-ups.
gallery@oxo showcases a varied programme of photography, contemporary design, architecture and issue-based exhibitions.
The No.1 sightseeing tour on the Thames - choose from afternoon tea, sundowner and even Elvis cruises.
Stylish river fleet, running every 20 minutes between key London piers.
Jubilee Gardens is a beautifully landscaped park situated in the heart of South Bank, behind the London Eye.
Secret bar in the BFI Southbank (behind the bookcase!)
For the more explorative of South Bank frequenters, the Drawing Room at BFI Southbank will make for an interesting and altogether more private experience. To enter, look for the secret door behind a bookcase at BFI Southbank. Find it, and you’ve found the way to the Drawing Room – an intimate cocktail bar (which is also available for private parties).
The Drawing Room is also perfect for hosting a stylish, intimate private party or event.
The internationally-renowned venue presents new writing, classics, comedies and musicals.
A four-screen cinema venue showing a huge selection of classic and contemporary films.
IWM London tells the stories of those whose lives have been shaped by war through the depth, breadth and impact of their Galleries, displays and events.
Pizza Express Italian restaurants provide exceptional quality food such as pizza and pasta as well as live music, takeaway and table bookings, always in style.
Enviably located just off the Southbank Centre, directly opposite the Royal Festival Hall main entrance, Pizza Express is close to major attractions like the London Eye and the Aquarium. It's extremely spacious but with a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere – making the place ideal for every sort of occasion.
Dim Sum, cocktails and tea with exotic flowers that bloom within the cup. Ping Pong is fresh and stylish. Outdoor seating.
The menu featuring delicious dim sum dishes is extensive and highly trained dim sum chefs and cocktail experts ensure continual taste innovation and faultless preparation.
The restaurant at Southbank Centre has two floors, featuring the floating Lotus Lounge, a buzzing cocktail bar and an outside terrace.
You can now enjoy Ping Pong’s brand new rose bottomless brunch every Saturday from 12pm to 3pm latest seating. This includes 90 minutes of free-flowing beer, wine and bubbles served with a yummy dim sum menu. Sit in the Cheery Blossom Terrace or the upstairs trendy lounge, it’s the perfect spot to spend your Saturday, while enjoying some house and funk music vibes.
OXO Tower Restaurant
Relax in the OXO Restaurant whilst taking in the unparalleled views of St Paul’s .
Olivier Cafe National Theatre
Named after the world-famous actor, this cafe offers both hot and cold food and drinks.