- It was named after Bernadette Spain, a local campaigner on health and housing provisions for the area’s residents in the 1980s.
- The gardens are owned, managed and maintained by Coin Street Community Builders.
- In 2014 a community garden area was created in the south park. These Gorgeous Gardens gardening sessions are held regularly throughout the growing season open to anyone with an interest in growing regardless of age or ability.
Bernie Spain Gardens, next to Oxo Tower Wharf, South Bank, London, SE1 9PH
We Think You'll like
Leake Street Arches
A celebration of urban art, dining and entertainment live from Waterloo.
Head to Studio 6 for a great range of beers and wines, as well as British European Regional cuisine focusing on the best seasonal and locally sourced produce.
South Bank London
Studio 6 is situated along London’s South Bank in Gabriel’s Wharf. We are located next to the famous ITV Studio’s and have been serving quality food and drink for the past 30 years. We offer a great range of Beers, Wines as well as British European Regional cuisine focusing on the best seasonal and locally sourced produce.
The menu is constantly changing and is driven by market and season. Everything is prepared in-house and we care about what we do. Our Beers and Gin Menu are our pride and is considered. We are constantly tasting, debating, discussing and passing this interest onto our client base.
Open from 12-11PM Mon-Sun, we are a great place to meet friends and colleagues for lunch and dinner, after work drinks or Sunday lunch.
For further information and bookings, please see details below. You can also check our new website here.Read more
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
Creating an inspirational neighbourhood
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
The neighbourhood centre contains:
- An 84-place day nursery providing childcare from 3 months to 5 years
- Out of school provision and youth clubs
- Parent and family support programmes including practical workshops
- Evening and weekend activities
- Conference, meeting and training spaces of the highest quality available for business and community hire
- Creche for parents/carers using the centre
- Access to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital midwifery and other specialist teams
- Access to training and employment opportunities
- Access to business and social enterprise support
- Offices for Coin Street staff
- Helpdesk operating throughout the opening hours of the centre.
Witness for the Prosecution
It's classic Agatha Christie. We'll see you in court!
Take a stroll along South Bank's leafy riverside.
Take a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Thames as it winds through the capital. Soak up the South Bank atmosphere, London's home of art, culture and unique architecture. Cross the bridges for circular walks with spectacular views.
The Riverside Walkway attracts visitors from all over the world and is also a valuable resource enjoyed by all who live or work in the area. It is also used as a venue for unusual and unique events - keep your eyes peeled for exciting pop-ups.
gallery@oxo showcases a varied programme of photography, contemporary design, architecture and issue-based exhibitions.
The No.1 sightseeing tour on the Thames - choose from afternoon tea, sundowner and even Elvis cruises.
Stylish river fleet, running every 20 minutes between key London piers.
Jubilee Gardens is a beautifully landscaped park situated in the heart of South Bank, behind the London Eye.
The internationally-renowned venue presents new writing, classics, comedies and musicals.
A four-screen cinema venue showing a huge selection of classic and contemporary films.
IWM London tells the stories of those whose lives have been shaped by war through the depth, breadth and impact of their Galleries, displays and events.
The raw, industrial space programmes exhibitions and events, displaying the best in art & design.
See shows and exhibitions and take part in our vibrant festivals.
Watching a blockbuster at the BFI IMAX, the UK's largest cinema screen.
Gabriel's Wharf is home to an eclectic mix of independent shops, cafes, bars and restaurants.
Oxo Tower Wharf
The Oxo Tower has been a Thames-side landmark since the 1930s. During this time, it had many owners including the Liebig Extract of Meat Company who produced the iconic Oxo Cube.
After becoming derelict in the 1970s, the building and surrounding land were bought by Coin Street Community Builders and developed into the thriving mixed-use neighbourhood it is today.
Florence Nightingale Museum
Who was the real Lady with the Lamp? Travel through three pavilions to relive Florence’s childhood, understand her experiences in the Crimean War and discover how she pioneered modern nursing practice. Her story is brought to life through unique collections, interactive displays and art installations.