did you know?
- Southbank Centre was built in 1951 as part of the Festival of Britain, an idea put forward by the Labour Government as a ‘Tonic to the Nation’ following the ravages of the Second World War.
- Royal Festival Hall was the first post-war building to become Grade 1 listed and the only building to survive from the Festival of Britain.
- Their packed programme promotes over 5000 events every year, taking place across their 85,000m2 site.
- A beautiful garden sits on the roof of the Queen Elizabeth Hall, filled with wild flowers, vegetable patches...and a bar.
Belvedere Rd, Lambeth, London SE1 8XX
We Think You'll like
Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience
At the Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience, you can truly become part of Vincent van Gogh's life and most recognised works
Beautifully-styled 180-seat restaurant and bar.
Leake Street Arches
A celebration of urban art, dining and entertainment live from Waterloo.
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
Creating an inspirational neighbourhood
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
The neighbourhood centre contains:
- An 84-place day nursery providing childcare from 3 months to 5 years
- Out of school provision and youth clubs
- Parent and family support programmes including practical workshops
- Evening and weekend activities
- Conference, meeting and training spaces of the highest quality available for business and community hire
- Creche for parents/carers using the centre
- Access to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital midwifery and other specialist teams
- Access to training and employment opportunities
- Access to business and social enterprise support
- Offices for Coin Street staff
- Helpdesk operating throughout the opening hours of the centre.
Witness for the Prosecution
It's classic Agatha Christie. We'll see you in court!
A free gallery space and a host of exciting events and talks all year round.
gallery@oxo showcases a varied programme of photography, contemporary design, architecture and issue-based exhibitions.
The No.1 sightseeing tour on the Thames - choose from afternoon tea, sundowner and even Elvis cruises.
Stylish river fleet, running every 20 minutes between key London piers.
Jubilee Gardens is a beautifully landscaped park situated in the heart of South Bank, behind the London Eye.
Secret bar in the BFI Southbank (behind the bookcase!)
For the more explorative of South Bank frequenters, the Drawing Room at BFI Southbank will make for an interesting and altogether more private experience. To enter, look for the secret door behind a bookcase at BFI Southbank. Find it, and you’ve found the way to the Drawing Room – an intimate cocktail bar (which is also available for private parties).
The Drawing Room is also perfect for hosting a stylish, intimate private party or event.
The internationally-renowned venue presents new writing, classics, comedies and musicals.
A four-screen cinema venue showing a huge selection of classic and contemporary films.
IWM London tells the stories of those whose lives have been shaped by war through the depth, breadth and impact of their Galleries, displays and events.
Pizza Express Italian restaurants provide exceptional quality food such as pizza and pasta as well as live music, takeaway and table bookings, always in style.
Enviably located just off the Southbank Centre, directly opposite the Royal Festival Hall main entrance, Pizza Express is close to major attractions like the London Eye and the Aquarium. It's extremely spacious but with a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere – making the place ideal for every sort of occasion.
Bernie Spain Gardens
A relaxing riverside open space, nestled between Oxo Tower and Gabriel's Wharf.
The raw, industrial space programmes exhibitions and events, displaying the best in art & design.
Park Plaza London Waterloo
Park Plaza's latest, stunning hotel arrives in Waterloo.