Did You Know?
- The Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience is the largest official van Gogh exhibition outside Amsterdam
- The exhibition has travelled the globe, visiting China, Seoul and Spain before its limited stay here in South Bank
- Van Gogh has a local connection to South Bank, he lived in Stockwell, London between 1873 and 1874
- Van Gogh painted around 900 paintings and 1100 sketches in his lifetime, even though he died at the age of just 37
- Many of these paintings come to life in the exhibition as they have been digitally recreated
- You can meet Vincent and listen to him as he speaks directly to you and learn about his hope, his despair, his inspiration and his friendships in a magical and emotional journey through his life. The Experience will speak to all of your senses
van Gogh Experience
Doon Street, South Bank, London SE1 9PU
We Think You'll like
Beautifully-styled 180-seat restaurant and bar.
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
Creating an inspirational neighbourhood
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
The neighbourhood centre contains:
- An 84-place day nursery providing childcare from 3 months to 5 years
- Out of school provision and youth clubs
- Parent and family support programmes including practical workshops
- Evening and weekend activities
- Conference, meeting and training spaces of the highest quality available for business and community hire
- Creche for parents/carers using the centre
- Access to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital midwifery and other specialist teams
- Access to training and employment opportunities
- Access to business and social enterprise support
- Offices for Coin Street staff
- Helpdesk operating throughout the opening hours of the centre.
A free gallery space and a host of exciting events and talks all year round.
gallery@oxo showcases a varied programme of photography, contemporary design, architecture and issue-based exhibitions.
The No.1 sightseeing tour on the Thames - choose from afternoon tea, sundowner and even Elvis cruises.
Stylish river fleet, running every 20 minutes between key London piers.
Jubilee Gardens is a beautifully landscaped park situated in the heart of South Bank, behind the London Eye.
Secret bar in the BFI Southbank (behind the bookcase!)
For the more explorative of South Bank frequenters, the Drawing Room at BFI Southbank will make for an interesting and altogether more private experience. To enter, look for the secret door behind a bookcase at BFI Southbank. Find it, and you’ve found the way to the Drawing Room – an intimate cocktail bar (which is also available for private parties).
The Drawing Room is also perfect for hosting a stylish, intimate private party or event.
The internationally-renowned venue presents new writing, classics, comedies and musicals.
A four-screen cinema venue showing a huge selection of classic and contemporary films.
IWM London tells the stories of those whose lives have been shaped by war through the depth, breadth and impact of their Galleries, displays and events.
The raw, industrial space programmes exhibitions and events, displaying the best in art & design.
See shows and exhibitions and take part in our vibrant festivals.
Watching a blockbuster at the BFI IMAX, the UK's largest cinema screen.
Gabriel's Wharf is home to an eclectic mix of independent shops, cafes, bars and restaurants.
Oxo Tower Wharf
The Oxo Tower has been a Thames-side landmark since the 1930s. During this time, it had many owners including the Liebig Extract of Meat Company who produced the iconic Oxo Cube.
After becoming derelict in the 1970s, the building and surrounding land were bought by Coin Street Community Builders and developed into the thriving mixed-use neighbourhood it is today.
Florence Nightingale Museum
Who was the real Lady with the Lamp? Travel through three pavilions to relive Florence’s childhood, understand her experiences in the Crimean War and discover how she pioneered modern nursing practice. Her story is brought to life through unique collections, interactive displays and art installations.
The Old Vic
The legendary theatre presents an exciting and eclectic programme.