- The park first appeared on the public radar in 1951 when it was the site of the Festival of Britain’s prime building, the Dome of Discovery
- When these temporary buildings were dismantled the site became a car park. It remained so until 1977 when a park was laid out for the Queen’s Silver Jubilee.
- The gardens underwent a transformation in 2012 to celebrate HRH Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee - the Queen subsequently reopened the gardens in October that year.
- Within the park you can find a large adventure playground for children up to 11 years old - the playground is open until dusk every day.
- Jubilee Garden's neighbours include an ogre and several sharks as SEA LIFE London Aquarium and Shrek's Adventure! London are located next door in County Hall.
- For all information on regulations and Jubille Gardens related news, please visit Jubilee Gardens Trust.
Belvedere Rd, Lambeth, London SE1 8RT