did you know?
- The IMAX screen is more than 20m high (nearly the height of five double-decker buses) and 26m wide
- The BFI IMAX Waterloo was the highest grossing IMAX cinema in the world for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Over 350,000 guests visit the cinema a year, consuming over 30,000kg of popcorn, 7,000 litres of fizzy drinks and over 10,000 portions of nachos and hot dogs
- The BFI IMAX Waterloo is famous for their all-nighter events- for the true hard-core fans!
- The new IMAX screen was made in Canada and once unpacked it took a team of ten strong riggers to haul the 800kg of perforated vinyl up the full 20 metres height of the screen under the supervision of an IMAX engineer.It took 48 hours for all the creases to drop out of the new white screen.
1 Charlie Chaplin Walk,