did you know
- All sorts of animals served in the First World War, from horses, dogs and pigeons to camels in the desert. Look out for a dog collar in our First World War Galleries worn by a messenger dog called Wolf!
- The IWM London Atrium and Terraced Galleries house a collection of large objects charting the stories of war up to the present day, including a V-2 rocket, a Harrier Jump Jet and a drone.
- The Lord Ashcroft Gallery showcases astonishing acts of bravery. See the Extraordinary Heroes exhibition, delve into the world of espionage in Secret War and explore key moments of the Second World War in the award-winning Holocaust Exhibition.
Lambeth Road, London, SE1 6HZ
We Think You'll like
Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience
At the Meet Vincent van Gogh Experience, you can truly become part of Vincent van Gogh's life and most recognised works
Beautifully-styled 180-seat restaurant and bar.
Leake Street Arches
A celebration of urban art, dining and entertainment live from Waterloo.
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
Creating an inspirational neighbourhood
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre
The neighbourhood centre contains:
- An 84-place day nursery providing childcare from 3 months to 5 years
- Out of school provision and youth clubs
- Parent and family support programmes including practical workshops
- Evening and weekend activities
- Conference, meeting and training spaces of the highest quality available for business and community hire
- Creche for parents/carers using the centre
- Access to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital midwifery and other specialist teams
- Access to training and employment opportunities
- Access to business and social enterprise support
- Offices for Coin Street staff
- Helpdesk operating throughout the opening hours of the centre.
Witness for the Prosecution
It's classic Agatha Christie. We'll see you in court!
A free gallery space and a host of exciting events and talks all year round.
Take a stroll along South Bank's leafy riverside.
Take a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Thames as it winds through the capital. Soak up the South Bank atmosphere, London's home of art, culture and unique architecture. Cross the bridges for circular walks with spectacular views.
The Riverside Walkway attracts visitors from all over the world and is also a valuable resource enjoyed by all who live or work in the area. It is also used as a venue for unusual and unique events - keep your eyes peeled for exciting pop-ups.
gallery@oxo showcases a varied programme of photography, contemporary design, architecture and issue-based exhibitions.
The No.1 sightseeing tour on the Thames - choose from afternoon tea, sundowner and even Elvis cruises.
Stylish river fleet, running every 20 minutes between key London piers.
Jubilee Gardens is a beautifully landscaped park situated in the heart of South Bank, behind the London Eye.
Secret bar in the BFI Southbank (behind the bookcase!)
For the more explorative of South Bank frequenters, the Drawing Room at BFI Southbank will make for an interesting and altogether more private experience. To enter, look for the secret door behind a bookcase at BFI Southbank. Find it, and you’ve found the way to the Drawing Room – an intimate cocktail bar (which is also available for private parties).
The Drawing Room is also perfect for hosting a stylish, intimate private party or event.
The internationally-renowned venue presents new writing, classics, comedies and musicals.
A four-screen cinema venue showing a huge selection of classic and contemporary films.
Pizza Express Italian restaurants provide exceptional quality food such as pizza and pasta as well as live music, takeaway and table bookings, always in style.
Enviably located just off the Southbank Centre, directly opposite the Royal Festival Hall main entrance, Pizza Express is close to major attractions like the London Eye and the Aquarium. It's extremely spacious but with a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere – making the place ideal for every sort of occasion.
Dim Sum, cocktails and tea with exotic flowers that bloom within the cup. Ping Pong is fresh and stylish. Outdoor seating.
The menu featuring delicious dim sum dishes is extensive and highly trained dim sum chefs and cocktail experts ensure continual taste innovation and faultless preparation.
The restaurant at Southbank Centre has two floors, featuring the floating Lotus Lounge, a buzzing cocktail bar and an outside terrace.
You can now enjoy Ping Pong’s brand new rose bottomless brunch every Saturday from 12pm to 3pm latest seating. This includes 90 minutes of free-flowing beer, wine and bubbles served with a yummy dim sum menu. Sit in the Cheery Blossom Terrace or the upstairs trendy lounge, it’s the perfect spot to spend your Saturday, while enjoying some house and funk music vibes.
OXO Tower Restaurant
Relax in the OXO Restaurant whilst taking in the unparalleled views of St Paul’s .
Olivier Cafe National Theatre
Named after the world-famous actor, this cafe offers both hot and cold food and drinks.