Wider events programme revealed for London Film Festival
BFI Southbank are proud to announce the full details on the industry events programme that is part of the 60th BFI London Film Festival in partnership with American Express.
This special announcement includes information on new events and speakers not yet announced, as well as highlights previously announced - the LFF BLACK STAR Symposium, the LFF Connects series of high-impact talks, the IWC Schaffhausen Filmmaker Bursary Award in association with the BFI and the NET.WORK@LFF talent development programme.
The below events highlight additions to this year’s programme, which show the extent of the fantastic events and speakers who will be taking part in different talks and interactive sessions which will also offer news opportunities and a statement from the BFI London Film Festival Director, Clare Stewart.
New additions to this year’s industry events programme include:
LFF INDUSTRY EVENTS
- Business as Usual: The UK after the EU Referendum with Peter Dinges, Director General, Filmförderungsanstalt (FFA); producer Gail Egan from Potboiler Productions; Alex Hope, Managing Director of Double Negative; Stan McCoy, President and MD of the MPA, (EMEA); Dimitra Tsingou COO of Protagonist Pictures; BFI CEO Amanda Nevill; and chaired by BFI Head of International, Isabel Davis.
- Driving Diversity: Towards an Inclusive Film Industry with representatives from the UK’s key public funding agencies including Ben Roberts from the BFI, Joe Oppenheimer from BBC Films and moderated by Briony Hanson, Director of Film at British Council.
- A Filmmaker’s Guide to Virtual Reality about how filmmakers can get to grips with this new technology with producer Mike Jones from Marshmallow Laser Feast;immersive artist and director Lynette Wallworth; filmmaker Peter Middleton (co-director of Notes On Blindness: Into Darkness); Karl Woolley, the head of VR Studio, Framestore London; Martin Field, Art Manager at nDreams; chaired by Liz Rosenthal, founder and CEO ofPower to the Pixel.
- Oscar®-winning producer Simon Chinn joins a panel hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (AMPAS) with Academy CEODawn Hudson and Membership and Awards Manager Tom Oyer, about submitting a film to the Academy Awards® Documentary Feature Award Committeein The Road to the Documentary Oscar®.
- Reinventing the Soundtrack with Marc Robinson, President, Globe;music supervisor Nick Angel; composer Ilan Eshkeri; Natasha Baldwin, Group President Creative and Marketing, Imagem Music Group; hosted by Wendy Mitchell Film Programme Manager at the British Council.
- The Greenlighters lunchtime conversations in which leading film executives discuss a film they love from the Festival programme with the director: Daniel Battsek, Film 4, talks to William Oldroyd about Lady Macbeth: Lizzie Francke, BFI, talks to Julia Ducournau about Raw.
- Producing with Germany with visiting German industry executives and filmmakers to explore creative compatibility.
- A returning partnership with the Film London Production Finance Market (PFM) including the Micro Market (supported by the Mayor of London, Creative Europe, Creative Skillset, Department for International Trade and the BFI).
- A series of Artists’ Moving Image professional development events as part of Experimenta in partnership with Lux and supported by Arts Council England.
For more information on London Film Festival, click here.