Summer ‘Not Afternoon Tea’
Afternoon tea is one of our favourite British rituals – and summer is the perfect time to indulge in this most quintessential of traditions…
However, OXO Tower are known to put a spin on things and wouldn’t dream of serving up an ordinary scones and cream kind of scenario. No, this is ‘Not Afternoon Tea’ – afternoon tea as you’ve never seen it before!
OXO Tower Brasserie will be heralding the start of summer with their delicious new plates, which feature some of summer’s tastiest produce.
Choose from one of four delicious options, each paired with a bespoke cocktail. Add an additional glass of Champagne if you fancy being really decadent… It is summer after all.
BESIDE THE SEASIDE
Evoking childhood memories of days out to the seaside, this plate will have you reaching for the bucket and spade and dashing off to the nearest beach.
- Apricot sandcastle
- Strawberry ice cream cone
- Fennel and raspberry stick of rock
- Cinnamon life rings
- Cocktail: ‘Shark Bite’ - Raspberry vodka, kirsch, coconut syrup, cream soda
PENNY’S HERB GARDEN
Grown and freshly picked from our very own pastry chef’s garden, this plate is a celebration of the very best that the British countryside has to offer.
- Mint & blackcurrant mousse
- Lemon verbena jelly with cherry compote
- Thyme, almond and peach meringue cake
- Bay leaf parfait with hibiscus jelly
- Cocktail: ‘Relax & Chill’ - Ocho blanco tequila, Woodford & Warner sorrel squash, crème de menthe, blackcurrant syrup.
THE FLOWERS AND THE BEES
- A delicious pairing of the season’s finest fruits and flowers with honey from the London Honey Company.
- Broom and pea shoot panna cotta with field bean honey
- Chamomile & lemon sandwich with borage honey
- Elderflower cheesecake with gooseberries and Salisbury honey
- Lilac & blueberry tart with wood sage honey
- Cocktail: ‘Buzz Off’ - Absolut vanilla, St Germain elderflower liqueur, Jasmine tea, gooseberry shrub. Topped with Harvey Nichols English sparkling.
CHOCOLATE FRUIT AND NUT CASE
Calling all chocolate lovers. This is the plate for you.
- Dark chocolate and peanut tart
- White chocolate and cranberry truffle
- Caramelia hazelnut mousse
- Rum and raisin chocolate pudding
- Cocktail: ‘Chambolic’ - Chambolic liqueur, Frangelico, orgeat, cranberry, ginger ale
Available in the OXO Tower Brasserie Sunday to Friday from 3pm until 5pm and Saturdays from 2pm until 4.30pm.
For further information, click here.