Department: Marketing and Communications
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Supervising: Marketing Officer
Salary Band: £30,000-£33,000 dep on experience
Hours: 9am – 5pm Monday–Friday with
some occasional work out of hours
South Bank Employers’ Group (SBEG) is a non-profit association of 18 of the major organisations in South Bank, Waterloo and Blackfriars dedicated to improving and promoting the neighbourhood for the benefit of local employees, residents and visitors. Over the past 25 years, our organisation has helped transform a bleak and unwelcoming environment into an area that is home to over 30m visitors each year – widely acknowledged as one of the world’s finest examples of cultural and urban regeneration.
SBEG oversees the work of the South Bank Marketing Group (SBMG), the official destination marketing organization which promotes South Bank to domestic and international visitors through the consumer brand South Bank London.
Established 22 years ago, SBMG is one of the longest standing and most successful tourism agencies in London and it brings together the area’s visitor attractions, cultural venues, hotels, transport providers and restaurants with a commitment to promoting South Bank as a destination. Our members include The London Eye, Southbank Centre, BFI, The Old Vic, National Theatre, House of Vans and the Imperial War Museum. We also run South Bank Venues, a collective of venues for hire in South Bank which promotes the area as a top destination for business events.
Day to day, our activities focus on promoting the South Bank offering through a variety of channels across digital, social, PR, print and partnerships. We also aim to make the visitor experience as welcoming as possible and run an award-winning on street visitor information service. We work closely with London & Partners and other key partners, to ensure that South Bank continues to maintain its profile as the Cultural Heart of London.
SBEG also manages the South Bank BID (Business Improvement District), which represents over 200 additional businesses in South Bank and helps support our street cleaning and graffiti removal services, and South Bank Patrol - a uniformed patrol service that deals with illegal trading, petty crime and antisocial behaviour. The BID also provides a voice for local businesses, and runs various initiatives to reduce business costs for its members.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Play a key role in enhancing South Bank’s reputation and SBEG/South Bank BID’s vision for the area as the Cultural Heart of London.
- Lead the planning, delivery, evaluation of marketing campaigns across digital, social, print and email, with a specific focus on South Bank Marketing Group and South Bank Venues.
- Be responsible for the management of our always-on channels (digital, social, print, email).
- Be responsible for the management of one Marketing Officer, as well as media and creative agencies and freelance contributors.
- Use visitor research, industry intelligence and digital analytics to inform and optimise campaigns, across specific market segments.
- Contribute to the formulation of SBEG’s marketing strategies and support the head of marketing in championing the strategy across the organisation and our members.
- Act as a link between the marketing team, our wider teams, members, industry partners and external agencies to achieve our marketing objectives.
- Interest in tourism, culture and the built environment, and a commitment to improving the environment where people live, work and visit.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including ability to execute multiple campaigns simultaneously whilst managing internal and external stakeholders effectively.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Open-minded, positive attitude which encourages innovation, embraces change and is ready to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, using precise, grammatically-correct copy, yet being able to adapt tone of voice and style according to the target audience.
- Impeccable attention to detail, and commitment to proofing and management of sign off processes.
- Ability to lead and empower others by demonstrating trust, openly valuing their expertise and clearly stating expectations
- Capable of managing vertically and horizontally aligned stakeholders
- A self-starter with the ability to take responsibility and work independently
- 25 days of annual leave increasing with length of service up to 28 days per year
- 6% stakeholders’ pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
To apply for this position, please complete an application form and email it to Frances Cresswell, HR Manager, South Bank Employers’ Group email@example.com or return it by post to: Frances Cresswell, HR Manager, South Bank Employers’ Group, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road SE1 5NQ
Please note: applications via CV will not be accepted.
Deadline for submissions: 5pm Monday 20th March 2017
South Bank Employers’ Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant is discriminated against on the grounds of gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, race, religion or belief